Grenade ID Help

cerick1450

cerick1450

Hello

Is this a US Grenade body?  Sorry for the poor picture, but it is all I have right now.

Thank you for the help..

IMG_1308.JPG33.JPG

cerick1450

Does a MK1 body in his condition have much collector value?  Worth more or less than a WW2 era MK1 body?

thank you

Kaptainssurplus

It has value but depends if its threaded or not. Also this is a  WW1/pre WW2 MK1 body, WW2 bodies are MK2s. 

Kaptainssurplus
3 hours ago, cerick1450 said:

I can’t find any for sale on the internet!!

There are a few for sale right now, I see them quite often. Unfortunately yours is missing the fuze, that really hurts the value, it's like about half the value. The MK1 fuze is difficult to find by itself. Value as it sits $150ish, if complete $350-450

cerick1450

Thank you for the help.  I will have to try and look again.  I could not locate any when I tried to search for reference information..

Nice find, now identify what you need to complete it. A cutback fuze assy the easier one to find, you should be able to find one in a few years of diligent searching. 

Kaptainssurplus
7 minutes ago, 917601 said:

Nice find, now identify what you need to complete it. A cutback fuze assy the easier one to find, you should be able to find one in a few years of diligent searching. 

That particular MK1 body didn't use the MK2 cutback fuze. The cutback came on the very early MK2 and older MK1 bodies which looked similar to the OPs MK1 body but ribbed around the neck. He will need a twist lever MK1 fuze for his body to be 100% correct 

The early toggle type fuze was discarded due to many problems in its functioning. The cut back was introduced and used late war. Both styles are correct.18F64FB0-CD98-449F-BE50-3D4F006207DF.jpeg.c2fefa65e70325095602c16abe5243bf.jpeg

Persian Gulf Command

Agreed, a cutback fuse would be appropriate especially if you desire a just post WW1 example into the 1920's.  The Mk1 body was still being used at this time.