ID’d Tiger Stripes 2/47 Infantry

Cpl. Punishment

Cpl. Punishment

Hello all,

I wanted to share my first set of tigers with you all. This set is ID’d to a member of Charlie company 2/47th infantry. I have been in contact with the veteran multiple times and he confirmed these were indeed his.

according to the veteran, he got these from a supply sergeant early in his tour overseas in late 1969, and carried them in his pack. He wore them only a couple of times after pulling out of Cambodia back to Tay Ninh (this is where and when the picture of him wearing the tigers was taken). A lieutenant approached him and said he didn’t care, but they weren’t authorized to wear tiger stripe camo, and that somebody may try to take them from him. The veteran then mailed the uniform home to his parents.

I asked the vet about the lack of nametag and he told me that when he had the uniform patched up, they had these patches on hand, but had to make a custom name tape. He left the shop and hadn’t worn the tigers so he put the name strip on a different uniform. He told me he still has the name strip that he took off the uniform upon coming home! There was also a “Bastard” tab above the 9th ID patch. When I asked about this he told me that around the Cambodian invasion, 2/47 lost their base and their lieutenant kept calling them bastards. This veteran liked the sound of this, and had the “Bastard” arch patches made and passed them out to guys. Not sure why the vet took the patch off unfortunately. 

hope you all enjoy!

03A114E8-A96C-4762-9F02-D3EB432BC827.jpeg

4898DD2F-C66F-4086-A46F-4391CDCE4C2B.jpeg

7A4363BC-3477-4331-9AD7-A067CBA3E4E4.jpeg

Cpl. Punishment
3 hours ago, kammo-man said:

I remember this set from 10 years ago now
Wasn’t it at the Pomona show ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am unsure. I know this was originally sold to a collector in Tennessee and it then moved around the collecting community. I know it was originally sold on Ebay by the veteran.