WWI Medals ID on Interwar NCO: French Medaille Militaire

Salvage Sailor

Salvage Sailor

I know who this warrior is and I'll be starting up another post, but could you please confirm the identity of the medals worn by this NCO and in particular the second from the left top & first from the left bottom.

003d.jpg

DSC (St Mihiel),  ?  , CDG w/palm, Victory Medal w/3 clasps

Spanish War Service?, Marksmanship Medal, Marksmanship Badge

Thanks in advance for the assistance

Salvage Sailor

To answer my own question I think the second row is 

Mexican Border Service, Army Team Marksmanship Medal, Marksmanship Badge

Is the second medal a foreign award?

Salvage Sailor

Thanks,

My light bulb is also starting to think French Medaille Militaire, specifically a third republic which may answer my other question regarding his fourragere.  I knew it couldn't be for his CDG but based upon his unit, I think it may be for the MM

Salvage Sailor

Does anyone have access to the list of the ten AEF units which may wear the fourragère de la médaille militaire?

This unit award should not be confused with the fourragère de la médaille militaire, which is a cord suspended from the shoulder of a military uniform worn by members of units which had been mentioned in despatches. A fourragère aux couleurs du ruban de la médaille militaire (fourragère in the colours of the ribbon of the médaille militaire) is worn by units which had been mentioned four times, a fourragère aux couleurs de la légion d'honneur et de la médaille militaire (fourragère in the colours of the ribbons of the légion d'honneur and the médaille militaire) for units mentioned twelve times. Ten American units can wear the fourragère de la médaille militaire.

Two units that can wear the fourragere to the MM are the 16th and 18th Infantry Regiments of the 1st Infantry Division. They still wear them today.

Allan

The Blue Spaders, 26th Infantry Regiment can also wear the MM fourragere as can members of the 5th and 7th Field Artillery. That takes us to five of the ten.

Allan

bertmedals

The French Medaille Militaire was rarely awarded to US personel in WW1 with only 304 noted in the 1923 War Department report on WW1 awards and decorations statistics.

Salvage Sailor
5 hours ago, Allan H. said:

The Blue Spaders, 26th Infantry Regiment can also wear the MM fourragere as can members of the 5th and 7th Field Artillery. That takes us to five of the ten.

Allan

BINGO!

Thank you Allan

003b.jpg