Any ideas what this wing is for?

pfrost

While perhaps not strictly speaking, a military wing, it did come from a US pilot's grouping.  I am thinking perhaps a cap badge or breast badge for an airline. 

On the back is says Scottish Imports 374 Geary St San Francisco CA.

IMG_2743.HEIC.jpeg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  It is stumping me although in my mind, I want to say I have seen it someplace else.

I thought that too at first, but it is a US made badge.  Its hard to imagine that is what is going on?  I guess the next task is tofigure out when Scottish Imports was active in the US

Thanks Tod

5thwingmarty

There is a Scottish Imports catalog listed on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SCOTTISH-IMPORTS-OF-SAN-FRANCISCO-AVERTISING-STORE-SALES-CATALOG-1965-VINTAGE-/324488349394

If the store sold items imported from Scotland, then the badge would not have been made in the US.  Also, there was a Hector Russell Scottish Imports at 76 Geary St in SF.  It might be the same company that used to be at 374 Geary, and it appears to have moved to 360 Sutter St and is now the William Glen & Son Scottish Imports shop.

image.png.c894b11d2056e1e41bcccbed3df8231a.png

I found an old "What to do in San Francisco" flyer from about 1961 that included a visit to the Scottish Imports LTD shop on 374 Gearey St.  I suspect it may have been something for wearing on a blazer of kilt.  ("Oh, my--is that a big bullion eagle in your kilt, MacTavish, or are you just happy to see me?"...LOL).  My references have yielded nothing of value in linking this badge to an Airline.  Tod's guess seems the closest, but I don't know.

Thanks for the help guys, but probably not US Military related.

P

5thwingmarty

It is a pin or would it have needed to be sewn onto something?  Also, I found the golden eagle is the unofficial bird of Scotland.  My guess it was just a fashion decoration from Scotland.