USS GEORGIA (BB-15) Great White Fleet Visits Honolulu in July 1908

Salvage Sailor

Salvage Sailor

In honor of the around the world cruise of the Great White Fleet a military parade was held at Honolulu in July 1908 when they stopped to fill the coal bunkers before crossing the Big Pond.  The ships all paraded their crews through Honolulu and past the Palace of the now dethroned Queen Liliʻuokalani

Included in the parade was the crew of the USS GEORGIA (BB-15)

000.jpg

This is the provost guard sent ashore in Honolulu from the USS GEORGIA from my collection, July 1908

002a.jpg

Left arm and Right arm rate petty officers, one with a gun pointer mark

002b.jpg

Can't see his crow but I'm thinking Bo'sun or Gunners Mate (he sure resembles sigsaye to me)

002c.jpg

A Squared Away Gunners Mate Second

002d.jpg

Provost Guard from USS GEORGIA Honolulu, July 1908

001.jpg

9 hours ago, Salvage Sailor said:

In honor of the around the world cruise of the Great White Fleet a military parade was held at Honolulu in July 1908 when they stopped to fill the coal bunkers before crossing the Big Pond.  The ships all paraded their crews through Honolulu and past the Palace of the now dethroned Queen Liliʻuokalani

Included in the parade was the crew of the USS GEORGIA (BB-15)

000.jpg

This is the provost guard sent ashore in Honolulu from the USS GEORGIA from my collection, July 1908

002a.jpg

Left arm and Right arm rate petty officers, one with a gun pointer mark

002b.jpg

Can't see his crow but I'm thinking Bo'sun or Gunners Mate (he sure resembles sigsaye to me)

002c.jpg

A Squared Away Gunners Mate Second

002d.jpg

Provost Guard from USS GEORGIA Honolulu, July 1908

001.jpg

Actually, that was my Dad 🤣🤣🤣. I think in 1908, PO Badges (crows), were worn on the sleeve corresponding to your watch section. Loading horses, don’t have my Stacey handy. 

cagedfalcon

My son said he looks like the father from Cloudy with Chance of Meatballs. I think he's right!c3f98387358067f75bd6fe0e43d5274d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk