Early 1919-1920s Robbins wing with photo

pfrost

This is a wing/picture grouping that are in my collection. I can't actually PROVE that the wing in the picture is the same as the wing itself, but they came from the same source (a shoebox at a flea market) and they sure do look like they are one and the same. The wing is marked Robbins and is rather heavy and thick. The photo shows a pilot, likely from the early 1920's in the older stand up collar WWI uniform with WWI BOS insignia but with the "Adams" style wing. I can not recall if anything is on the photo, but I think it may be dated 1921 or so (but don't quote me on that, I could be wrong).

Patrick

post-1519-1233612995.jpg

post-1519-1233613002.jpg

Great set! thumbsup.gif Don't believe I've ever seen a Robbins HM on that pattern wing. With the stand-up collar he is surely a 1920-21 aviator. Thanks for posting!

Bob

Howdy Bob,

A similar wing is shown in one of the Pinks and Greens books and attributed to the 20's or 30's. The fact that this pilot was actually wearing a WWI uniform always escaped my notice, until a few years ago, when I was scanning it for my website. Nothing like having to have a brick fall on your head before you realize something important pinch.gif

Patrick