101st Signal Bn Sweetheart Jewelry

BratOne

This was given to me after my Dad’s passing (by my Gramma).

I need help figuring out what it is exactly, please. A4B49441-C8B6-4C25-BE24-B03E3004F80C.jpeg.62c92690e513bcdd99d64755320fbe2c.jpeg

C19DFE87-BA38-4A57-A43F-9CA3875CC69C.jpeg

stratasfan

Where did he serve? Could be British or Canadian insignia (I'd say this is a piece of sweetheart jewelry, but I'm referring to the emblem in the center) unless it is symbolic for Britain (lion) - Canada (Fleur de Lis) - US (star). 

stratasfan

I'd definitely say 'sweetheart jewelry'. Souvenir, I'd guess. Figuring out what that emblem is would be the big thing! When a shield has a crown on top . . . always look for a non-US country. And with the Lion and Fleur de lis . . . I'd really lean to Britain/Canadian something. Allies kind of thing.

This jewellery is based on the unit crest of the 101st Signal Battalion. However, it is not a military award. It is just jewellery that was inspired by an actual unit insignia. I've seen jewellery with this same design before.

stratasfan

Great work, @Reforger! Does the 101st Signal Bn typically have a crown on top? 

I'm moving this thread to Homefront, since it has been ID'd as sweetheart jewelry. 

1 hour ago, stratasfan said:

@BratOne - Meant to ask before, but is this a bracelet or necklace? 

It’s a necklace. Quite heavy too lol

This is fashion jewellery. The 101st Sig Bn crest doesn't have a crown, wings or any other imperial insignia on it and is a different color. Anyway, it's solved now.

20 hours ago, stratasfan said:

Where did he serve? Could be British or Canadian insignia (I'd say this is a piece of sweetheart jewelry, but I'm referring to the emblem in the center) unless it is symbolic for Britain (lion) - Canada (Fleur de Lis) - US (star). 

USA Army. That’s it.
These are all the same dilemmas that puzzled me. I’m inclined to agree it’s a sweetheart piece. As you say... now to figure out the meaning(s)