Translation for paper tag that came with Japanese aircraft pieces.

Bob Hudson

Bob Hudson

This was from a WWII AAF crewman's war souvenirs. Based on the number of Zero relics he brought home I would guess it's an inspection tag or parts identification tag.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Eric Queen

Bob,

This is incredibly difficult (for me) to read. The writing (if you can call it that) is terrible and the stamps are smudged.

What (I think) I can make out is that whatever this was attached to came out of the Army Avionics Workshop ( 1 = 陸軍航空廠 出) and was going somewhere in Okinawa ( 3 = 沖縄 ). Below Okinawa (4) is the name of the city (市) which I cannot read and the numbers to the left of it look like 19023. The first character of the other set of stamps I think could be Roku ( 2 = 轆) which is a pulley but would really need to be able to read the other two below it (white box) to know for sure. 

Sorry, wish I could do better. Just not legible enough for me to read but I am sure there are others who can. 

2.jpg.1990e990ae112b7d2daa7d87f50b5846.jpg

Bob Hudson
9 hours ago, Eric Queen said:

Just not legible enough for me to read but I am sure there are others who can. 

Thanks so much - just knowing  it's related to "Army Avionics" explains its presence with the small group of Japanese aircraft relics.