Drawing a blank... - Missouri NG?

Albert

I 've had this patch for ever, and am only now realizing that it actually looks slightly different from the Missouri NG patch.  So what is it?

Thank You!

Al

Unknown Patch.jpg

The only (not the best) ID is a WW I “Separate Artillery Brigade”. There has never been a specific unit IDd. It is NOT a MO NG unit. There were some separate arty beds in WW I.

This is also a PK repro of the WW I patch.

Yeah, this is almost funny because I kept it for a Missouri NG patch;-). So, it a PK repro....  Thank you!

• 1 month later...

PK is the basic source for most of these. They are based on the crest from the 129th FA. Now, PK did not make patches w/o an original example. There had to be some example of the WW 1 patch somewhere for PK to copy. 

There is a patch w/this design for MO NG, but they are fully embr, cut edge or ME, but there is a torse in base along w/ the bear. Keep in mind we are only talking about the PK WW 1 copy.

I have never seen an original WW 1 patch for the 129th FA w/ this or any other design. Future President Harry S. Truman commanded Battery D of the 129th FA in WW 1. Addtly, there are many WW 1 35th Div patches w/ diff colored panels for specific units, but am not familiar with one for the 129th. Might exist, just don’t know.

35th patch on Truman’s uniform has three red quadrants and one yellow quadrant on the “Sante Fe” cross, yellow is bottom right quadrant. Additionally there is a red circle around the design. 

Photo of his uniform adorns the front cover of the July-Sept 2009 Trading Post published by ASMIC.