Homemade B-29 bomber

55rab

holy crap that is amazing. just the engineering required to get that thing off the ground boggles the mind, then the craftsmanship to build it, let alone trying to control it once in the air. just amazing!

just the engineering required to get that thing off the ground boggles the mind

I was just wondering how they synchronized the engines?

FightenIrish35

Sweeeeeeet!!!! Man that takes a lot of skill to build one of those...i tried a small one like 1/20th thats size and gave up like in an hour hahaha...that was a cool video..thanks for posting that!!!

Homemade B-29 bomber.........Wow! This is cool. This aircraft runs on four Chainsaw motors.

You can just imagine how much time, effort, skill and money these guys have put into this thing.

Go on the site below. (click on link.)

http://users.skynet.be/fa926657/files/B29.wmv

Amazing!!!!

Thanks for posting - it's great !

My dad has been a Radio Controlled Plane Pilot since 1977. Before that, he did it with the strings going in a circle... what most of us old timers remember. At 78 years of age, he still flies his own 1/4 scale planes like this. His is a P-51 with the same "chain saw engine" configuration. Actually these engines sound like chain saw engines and have much of the same technology but, you wouldn't be able to take your Stehl chainsaw apart and put the engine into one of these. ;) Most of these planes are built off original plans which have been downsized to the quarter scale seen here. Engines are synchronized using the latest computer technology but, it's still a nightmare getting them all balanced. If anyone here ever gets a chance to go to a radio controlled air show... GO! They're very interesting and actually more fun than the real shows. Besides when they crash, you may see some tears from the owner but, the Pilot always walks away unscathed! :lol:

if i'm not mistaken and my memory is right there was a guy that had a b17 model. it was huge and radio controled. i think i typed in b-17 on google and ran into it there. it was so real looking to detail.