Paratrooper's Plastic Dog Tags on Paracord

FlyNavy02

Below are images of a pair of plastic dog tags on OD paracord worn by Corporal Charles E. Belshe, 37733517. Not sure if the tags are made from perspex, plexiglas or another plastic material. The tags are slightly concave, notched and have impressed letters and numerals in a similar format to typical metal examples. Corporal Belshe's obituary notes he was a member of the 503rd Parachute RCT Association so assume he served with this unit.

Has anyone seen similar tags?

Also, if anyone has access to the unit rosters, I would greatly appreciate a check. Would like to confirm his service with the 503rd, company assignment, etc.

Thanks for looking and comments appreciated. 

Jay

635006549_BelshePlexiDogTags.jpg.bcd6b6996aa8f5309c8fbbf785226909.jpg

680259245_BelshePlexiDogTagsDetail.jpg.f7a95f0b3cc44d6141407891ce6dbf11.jpg

Thanks and found the 503rd roster. There are about 2,000 names yet to be recorded and Belshe is probably one of them. Sent the webmaster a note and will post any useful information.

Still interested to hear from anyone who has seem similar dog tags.

Thanks!

Tentitans112887

I just picked up a plexiglass set for a 503rd vet as well. I do believe there are examples of this field made type of tag in the dog tag book. I would post a picture of the page that was given to me, but I’m not sure of copyright laws.