It’s a Blackhawk

PMAN12094

I was quite surprised to see it when I used the flash on my iPhone it actually picked up on it I had already suspected it was a Blackhawk now it just makes me wonder did the us military issue Blackhawk drop leg holsters or was it a private purchase item.

FDF245C8-698E-40F9-816D-79EEDE0799E1.jpeg

882F96EF-0C48-4839-AD59-7BB579BBB020.jpeg

4F875994-B099-4506-8ADC-F0ECA1257ED8.jpeg

861B0E34-1E8F-4877-B277-4CD1A5ADBBC9.jpeg

0B4D4A60-B6DD-42E1-B668-424378A9F4E7.jpeg

Charlie Flick

I am a USGI holster collector but have never paid much attention to the 21st Century holsters.  Something about all that nylon and plastic.  However, I can say that Blackhawk did indeed supply holsters to the US military and may still be doing so.  As I recall the Serpa model was the big seller.  There are several National Stock Numbers associated with the Blackhawk Serpa.

HTH.

Charlie

Really great painted Blackhawk holster and would date from the earlier days of the Global War on Terror.  These holsters were quite popular with soldiers and can still be found around most bases in the surplus shops.  

7 hours ago, Nkomo said:

Really great painted Blackhawk holster and would date from the earlier days of the Global War on Terror.  These holsters were quite popular with soldiers and can still be found around most bases in the surplus shops.  

I had a little chat with my neighbor I think he told me he took it over there just when the war was starting. I’m thinking he must have had it over there for 1 or 2 years or until he got a different or new one. I think I’m going to try and incorporate it into my early 2000s kit which is missing some pieces but that’s only due to lack money.

16 hours ago, Nkomo said:

I saw a decent amount of them at a surplus store a few weeks back they must have had 3 or more just in a bin I’m sure if I looked around I could have found some hidden in other bins. Now that I think about it I don’t think he cares to much about it anymore. I also thought about putting it in a shadow box.