Unknown DEURNE bullion tab

Siamundo

I know this is probably a real long shot, but just wondering if anyone recognizes this tab as anything that might have possibly been worn by US or allied troops post-WW II occupation vintage? I was able to find two separate locations named Deurne-one a municipality in The Netherlands, and the other in Belgium. Both locations did have US and allied activity there during WW II. It is a fairly large tab so I have included the AGF patch ONLY as a reference point to it's size. May not even be military or WW II vintage for all I know though.

DSC05223.JPG

DSC05221.JPG

DSC05222.JPG

Salvage Sailor

Perhaps it has some relation to the defense of Antwerp (late 1944-1945) or the V-2 campaign.

The location may have had Allied activity during WW 2, but the trick is to find a US unit on occupation duty there post war.  As Airborne-Hunter said, +1. There are many post war location scrolls to be found.

Thank you everyone for your information. I knew this one might be a long shot. I personally could not recall seeing one of these before so I really have no idea. I found a little information about Deurne, Netherlands as it looks like the US 7th Armored Division was there briefly in October 1944 while just a few miles up the road British troops were fighting in the Battle of Overloon. Duerne, Belgium (Antwerp area) was home to a German Air Force base that was abandoned in 1944 and then used by the RAF at which time it was called "Advanced Landing Ground B-70". I have not been able to locate any information about occupation forces in either of these locations. As tredhed2 points out, that is the key piece of information missing at this time.