What do you think about this purple heart?

joaobr

Hello gentlemen,

get the purple heart, it was found with only part of the box. and the number written on its left side that I couldn't get a good picture of. The number is: 184.590

What is your opinion?

Thanks

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-07 at 18.59.43.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-07 at 18.59.27 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-07 at 18.59.27 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-07 at 18.59.27.jpeg

3 minutes ago, dhcoleterracina said:

It's a nice, WW2 manufactured, numbered Purple Heart. 

Thanks for the opinion! I wasn’t sure what period she’s from

dhcoleterracina

Well...it was manufactured during WW2 but then gets convoluted a bit. Most of us would say that it is an unissued PH due to it's nice condition. It could have been issued and kept in good shape from WW2. However it could have remained surplus or have been issued for wounds in the Korean War, Vietnam or other actions. They were running out of surplus WW2 Hearts during VN.  

19 minutes ago, dhcoleterracina said:

Bem ... foi fabricado durante a 2ª Guerra Mundial, mas depois fica um pouco complicado. A maioria de nós diria que é um PH não emitido devido ao seu bom estado. Ele poderia ter sido emitido e mantido em boa forma desde a 2ª Guerra Mundial. No entanto, poderia ter permanecido excedente ou ter sido emitido para ferimentos na Guerra da Coréia, Vietnã ou outras ações. Eles estavam ficando sem o excedente de WW2 Hearts durante a VN.  

Thanks for the impressions! I very much agree with what you said, unfortunately we will never know the reality.

Nice Purple Heart Medal. Weren't all the numbered Purple Hearts awarded during WWII? I thought surplus Purple Hearts that were awarded in later conflicts aren't numbered.

I have had other numbered VN awarded PHs.  One I remember was to a marine killed at Con Tien.  It was numbered.  A better question would be has anyone seen a numbered WWII PH awarded after VN?

On 5/8/2021 at 8:39 PM, swabbie said:

I have had other numbered VN awarded PHs.  One I remember was to a marine killed at Con Tien.  It was numbered.  A better question would be has anyone seen a numbered WWII PH awarded after VN?

Didn't know that. Thanks for clarifying.