I could use some help with an m1 helmet liner

PMAN12094

PMAN12094

I had decided that I wanted my grandfathers m1 helmet sweat band in the m1 I have but I’ve got no ide how to easily get it off since the clips for the sweat band are hard to pop off on the previous sweat band that was in it the clips would pop off pretty easily idk how to easily get them off without damaging the liner or something like that.

Why take the sweatband out of your grandfathers liner ? Why not leave inside ? Maybe I am missing something. 

Just a note though friend. These liners can be pretty fragile. They are close to 80 years old. Webbing can get ripped swapping things in and out. Things can snap. Etc. Just whatever you are doing .... Tread lightly :) Some are extremely difficult to snap into place. 

Z

I would echo treading lightly.  I have strong thumbs, and I have mashed them into a pulp trying to unsnap sweatband clips, and have ended up breaking the top parts off of the clips, and ripping the liner webbing. I usually just leave them be.

Nickman983

If they're not coming undone easily I don't think the risk is worth the reward. I know personally I'd be very upset myself if I ended up destroying the webbing trying to replace the sweatband. I've got a fantastic rayon Westinghouse liner that the only real issue with is the sweatband that the leather is falling apart on. I won't touch it as there's the chance that I tear the webbing trying to get the snaps out and ruin the liner. It's only original once, if something goes wrong there's no undo button.