How do I find out where a veteran served if he was with the 101st during WW2

tully216

Willian R. Stelzner Dog Tag Number 36807220 I think is the number on Dog Tags.  Uniform with 101st AB red boarder and Allied AB patch Bronze Star with P heart.  He may be from Wisconsin born 1924 and passed 1999. lived in Florida in the golden year.

Thanks in Advance,

Mark

My dad served in Korea 187th RCT

• 3 weeks later...

You say the 101 patch has a Red Border? If so to us then it sounds like it has Red Garrison Cap Piping sewn to its border, if so Red means Artillery, we would then look at the Field Artillery Battalions of the division first.

Note:  I wasn't able to find any newspaper articles regarding his service and Google searches yielded no results.

1 hour ago, 8059autah said:

He was a member of Battery B, 907th Glider Field Artillery Battalion, 101st Airborne Division.

Great!  Can you please provide the source of your information for everyone's benefit.  Thank you.

The information came from a document by the Headquarters 907th Glider Field Artillery Battalion, APO 472, U. S. Army dated 8 November 1945. The subject of the document was, "Present and former Division Members". Please let me know if you have other questions.

43 minutes ago, 8059autah said:

The information came from a document by the Headquarters 907th Glider Field Artillery Battalion, APO 472, U. S. Army dated 8 November 1945. The subject of the document was, "Present and former Division Members". Please let me know if you have other questions.

Awesome, thank you!