Opinions needed on this helmet

ghost

Hoping I can get some opinions (good, bad, ugly) about this helmet from the group.

Thanks in advance

CJ

20210503_150747_copy_512x512.jpg

20210503_150803_copy_496x496.jpg

20210503_150811_copy_496x496.jpg

20210503_150755_copy_504x504.jpg

PMAN12094

im no expert but im not sure if the chin strap is real but the liner looks good and the sell looks pretty good to me

Nickman983

Looks like a put together set. Liner chinstrap is real, but it's a post war example. I'd like to see another picture of the chinstraps. They look a bit funky in a few pictures but it could just be a bad picture/bad compression.

ArchangelDM

Early inland liner with unpainted A washers, 

leather chinstrap is post WW2 but original. 

The helmet looks reworked, but could be the pics. The 2 inch net and scrim is a put together and not original untouched pieces. 

- Dean 

From pictures above, all appear to be original WWII manufactured items accept the liner chin strap.

The wedge buckle flip with subtle angle is from 1951-54ish production by North & Judd (The anchor symbol). These are not really scarce but compared to the buckles with the acute angled flip of the 1960s they are relatively rare.

Helmet is a Schlueter, so definitely WWII era as noted above. You can see the top of the "S" in the photo below.

Agreed, an assembled set using original parts. 

20210503_150508_copy_605x605.jpg.ff5ad9c310fe38ddbb6a7b71ba5fe839.jpg

O.K. that's all good news afaic 

Thanks to everyone who took the time to share their knowledge.

This makes my decision much easier.

Thanks again

Agreed on the shell being potentially reworked.  The texture/corking looks awfully crisp and sharp, with little to no wear or paint thinning.  The inside tells a different story, with rust spots and visible wear to the inner curve from the liner or having been stacked.  The outer shell has likely been re-textured and painted recently, and the inside was left alone.

ArchangelDM

Correct along with uneven corking on the front showing non uniform appliance of the mixture which the factory would have been able to do