A new book tells the truth behind the "Catch me if you can" legend

Jean-Loup

Jean-Loup

This is not a book on a military topic, but I am sure most some of you may be interested as most of us have either read the book or seen the film "Catch me if you can" about scam artist Frank Abagnale. 

Journalist Alan Logan has written a book called "The Greatest Hoax on Earth", that quite simply shows that almost all the claims in Abagnale's so called "true story" are completely false. He has built his life on lies and continues to profit from it nowadays. He claims to have repented, but since he continues to repeat his lies, it is clear he has never repented at all. There wasnt much to repent from in any case as his claims of having stolen millions of dollars are complete fabrications. I personaly can stand it when such loosers become famous from their dishonnesty, and so am personaly making sure everyone hears of this book.

Here is a link to a review: https://thenerddaily.com/review-the-greatest-hoax-on-earth-catching-truth-while-we-can-by-alan-c-logan/

And an article that also shows 1978 articles that had already discovered Abaganale was a liar, but that have been ignored since... https://whyy.org/segments/the-greatest-hoax-on-earth/

Here is a piece of the review: 

Alan C. Logan’s exhaustively researched and thoroughly documented book The Greatest Hoax on Earth: Catching Truth While We Can completely dispels the myths of the life of Frank Abagnale as popularised in the Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks film Catch Me If You Can. Presented in the 2002 Steven Spielberg movie as entirely fact-based, Abagnale’s duplicitous exploits as a pilot, doctor, and attorney, among other professions, before the age of 30 have gained an almost mythological status that began in the late 1970’s. Logan’s book seeks to set the record straight, but at the same time he provides a fascinating look at the media, how we decide what truth is, and what happens when we stop getting answers for ourselves.

image_4900949.jpg

Thank you for sharing.   

...people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it. 

Adolf Hitler