Unknown OEF/OIF USMC Patches

VMI88

Does anyone recognize these current USMC patches?  The design is an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor superimposed on a palm tree.  I assume OEF/OIF though I suppose it could be related to 29 Palms.

IMG_2275.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I am fairly certain these were either Iraqi or Afghan shop souvenir patches. Patches stateside were never authorized and seldom seen. Most of those were limited to Airwingers, darn sure not Infantry Bns. My times in Iraq you could visit the Haji shops and purchase patches like the ones you possess. They would offer sewing with similar designs and apply it directly to the Boonie covers.  Only theater patches obtained and authorized were Name tapes and Flak jacket identification. Just my opinion though.

BLT 2/2 CAAT (Combined Arms Anti-Tank) Platoon Marines and was then adopted by Fox Battery 2-10 during the invasion of Iraq used it for a bit.

9 hours ago, RedLegGI said:

BLT 2/2 CAAT (Combined Arms Anti-Tank) Platoon Marines and was then adopted by Fox Battery 2-10 during the invasion of Iraq used it for a bit.

Thanks for the ID!  Just curious - what is your source for this?  I tried Googling and couldn't find anything.

13 hours ago, VMI88 said:

Thanks for the ID!  Just curious - what is your source for this?  I tried Googling and couldn't find anything.

Veteran mentioned it in some photos he posted.

Capture.png

• 1 year later...
PogueMahone.1302
On 5/2/2021 at 4:13 PM, VMI88 said:

Does anyone recognize these current USMC patches?  The design is an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor superimposed on a palm tree.  I assume OEF/OIF though I suppose it could be related to 29 Palms.

IMG_2275.JPG

LOL OMG, those are mine!  I had a couple hundred made that I handed out to friends and Marines who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.  I copied the design from a Marine tank unit in Iraq and had them embroidered by a service wife who had started a morale patch company (I think it was her). Too funny!!!  

LOL OMG, those are mine!  I had a couple hundred made that I handed out to friends and Marines who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.  I copied the design from a Marine tank unit in Iraq and had them embroidered by a service wife who had started a morale patch company (I think it was her). Too funny!!!

So not theater made then?  I did find them in the Richmond area - I see you're in northern Virginia, so not too surprising they'd show up here.  Thanks for letting us know!

• 1 year later...