Thoughts on this 5th Amphibious bn

BILL THE PATCH

BILL THE PATCH

Does this look legit, the reason I'm asking is to me it looks good, but it has a glow to the back. It doesn't looked it was washed at all. Could it be the sizeing that's making it glow. Also isn't this a Aussie made patch? Thanks for any thoughtsc4990c3be4b749cf0ad65fa40928726c.jpg59ff0dcd5835ed2a7e32458536526107.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

It is actually the 5th Amphibious Corps to which the 3rd, 4th, and 5th Div belonged to, that being said I do not believe that it is Australian made. I'm not an expert so take it with a grain of salt, but it looks very similar to the US made felt patches used by the USMC and I would bet that is where it was made. As far as whether it is authentic, I see nothing to suggest it is not... but USMC patches are not my strong suit and the fact that it glows is probably a red flag.

ocsfollowme

I would like a better photo of the back. At first glance I do not have an issue with it. These are cheap....so I have not seen a repro market for these. 

I am not sure if I have seen a true australian made patch of this. 

Bill Scott

It is a remake of an original it should have the same look to the cheese cloth as this 5th Division does.

Scan_20210502.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

Here's a better shot of the back, the felt even feels right compared to other marine patches. Bill is right the cheesecloth looks funny compared to others. I also be tried to capture a blacklight photobf4530a527b0f1283e30fdb42a1047cf.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

Black light photo, usually the white stars would glow also but the don't in the front. Why reproduce a relatively cheap patch? d5ede65d678fd02c84b43e7335a67565.jpg

BILL THE PATCH
Black light photo, usually the white stars would glow also but the don't in the front. Why reproduce a relatively cheap patch? d5ede65d678fd02c84b43e7335a67565.jpg

As far as being Aussie made, I always thought they were for some Reason.