Vietnam SOG Marine Recon Knife *EX+* on eBay. (It's a Kiffe!)

Boy Howdy

The description with the knife seems pretty good.  IMHO, I've come to think of these knives as well as the "Delta Knife" to be more legendary than documented.  Still there are people who will want to add knives like these to their collections. If I found a Hattori version of the Marine Recon knife at a price I thought was fair I'd like to take it home.

Boy Howdy

I'm going to keep an eye on the auction and final selling price.

Then I'm going to look around the bay and see what I could / would have bought with that money.

Granted it is an awesome looking knife but so are the "UDT" knives and Conetta MK 2 bayonets we all know and love. 😍

It's starting to look like this one may end up going for a price I personally wouldn't have expected.  I'm adding a few more pictures of this knife as well as a link from the past here on the same type knife.

518459862_KiffeMarineRecon.jpg.bd0ce980ed3e5e2d3128f6e5f8ce3466.jpg721366908_KiffeMarineRecon2.jpg.ac1cdac17e454144453c268630a10bd8.jpg1849540920_KiffeMarineRecon3.jpg.bd5b786d5736f8c0482fa2e7b2889ab6.jpg1914097657_KiffeMarineRecon4.jpg.15d0d5f5e7659081a6357731bc49f177.jpg

What I remember is examples of the Kiffe marked knives and others that were sterile.  The Kiffe knives were always crude compared to the sterile knives.  not that the sterile knives would be considered highly finished but you could easily see one had more attention paid to it's details than the other.

Not even close to the one that sold a couple weeks ago...... and this one is nicer. Seems like some VN stuff been bringing sound serious coin lately.

This early JPL 6 inch sold for $255 and grip was gone.... granted scabbards are a bit scarce but....🙄

image.png.c4ea3e2aa2f34fdcfea08ba7ecb7eef5.png

Boy Howdy

The OP knife sold for $710.10 with 46 bids.

As Walken would say: woowah!