Help on dug-up id tag Holland (possibly Airborne)

raymon

Hi all,

Who can help me on this one.

Obtained this id tag last week, according to the seller it was found last year in the woods around Nijmegen Holland so it could be possibly Airborne.

89a144ea4169fb000ebe16d750f98271.jpg

Who helps me out on this one?

Thanks in advance.

Raymon

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, raymon said:

baaf259869b860f07a947293dcab0258.jpg

I don't think that is the same man, as the birth dates do not match.  The soldier that dog tag belonged to was born on October 20th.

I don't think that is the same man, as the birth dates do not match.  The soldier that dog tag belonged to was born on October 20th.

Thank you. Maybe I missed it but where do you see he was born on Oct 20th?

2 hours ago, raymon said:

baaf259869b860f07a947293dcab0258.jpg

I believe the above information you have of Andrew Schlesinger is for a different person with a middle initial of A not H.  It looks like there are two individuals named Andrew Schlesinger with the same year of birth of 1914.  I found this information on Andrew A. Schlesinger with a date of birth of 2 Feb 1914:

Andrew A Schlesinger

United States Public Records, 1970-2009 Tools

────────── Create New Folder 

Name: Andrew A Schlesinger

Previous Residence: Bloomfield, Michigan 48302

Previous Residence Postal Code: 48302

Second Previous Residence Place: Boca Raton, Florida 33431

Third Previous Residence Place: Franklin, Michigan 48025

Residence Date:1 Jun 2001

Residence Place: Bloomfield, Oakland, Michigan, United States

Residence Place (Original): Bloomfield, Michigan, United States

Birth Date: 2 Feb 1914

The only information I could locate for an Andrew H. Schlesinger you already have listed above from the information off of NARA.  There is a listing on Find-A-Grave for Andrew Schlesinger that doesn't give a middle initial but it does have the date of birth of 2 Feb 1914 which is for Andrew A. Schlesinger.

There may actually be a third person with the name of Andrew P. Schesinger with a year of birth of either 1914 or 1915.  I found this obituary notice:

ANDREW P. SCHLESINGER "Andy" Merrillville, Indiana Andrew P. Schlesinger, age 81, of Merrillville, Indiana, passed away on Saturday, August 19, 2006. Andy was a retired Supervisor at Anderson Company in Gary and was a maintenance man at Winfield School in Crown Point, IN. He was a Merrillville High School Graduate and was a WWII Army Air Corp Veteran. Andy also enjoyed farming. Andy is preceded in death by four sisters, Kathleen Cotska, Betty Brooks, Martha Rikly and Dorothy Kandalic; and two brothers, Peter and Frank Schlesinger. Andy is survived by his wife of 56 years, Mary; one son, Andrew M. (Cherry) Schlesinger of Merrillville, IN; one daughter, Sharron (nee Schlesinger) (Jeffery) Widup of Hobart, IN; one grandson, Chad Schlesinger of Lafayette, IN; one brother, John Schlesinger of Merrillville, IN; and nieces and nephews. Funeral Services will be held on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 10:00 A.M. directly at Our Lady of Consolation Church, 8303 Taft St., Merrillville with Rev. Joseph E. Vamos officiating. Burial will be in Calumet Park Cemetery, Merrillville. Visitation will be at the Geisen Funeral Home, 7905 Broadway, Merrillville, on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 from 2:00 P.M. until 8:00 P.M. There will be a Prayer Service on Tuesday afternoon at 4:30 P.M. On Wednesday morning, friends may meet at the Church from 9:00 A.M. until the time of Mass at 10:00 A.M. To share a memory with the family or to offer your condolences online, please view the obituary to sign the Guest Book online, or you can create a moving tribute by adding music, text, your own voice, or photos online at www.post-trib.com

I don't have access to ansestory.com so maybe another forum member will be able to clear this up for you.

I believe the above information you have of Andrew Schlesinger is for a different person with a middle initial of A not H.  It looks like there are two individuals named Andrew Schlesinger with the same year of birth of 1914.  I found this information on Andrew A. Schlesinger with a date of birth of 2 Feb 1914:

Andrew A Schlesinger
United States Public Records, 1970-2009 Tools
  ────────── Create New Folder 

Name: Andrew A Schlesinger
Previous Residence: Bloomfield, Michigan 48302
Previous Residence Postal Code: 48302
Second Previous Residence Place: Boca Raton, Florida 33431
Third Previous Residence Place: Franklin, Michigan 48025
Residence Date:1 Jun 2001
Residence Place: Bloomfield, Oakland, Michigan, United States
Residence Place (Original): Bloomfield, Michigan, United States
Birth Date: 2 Feb 1914

The only information I could locate for an Andrew H. Schlesinger you already have listed above from the information off of NARA.  There is a listing on Find-A-Grave for Andrew Schlesinger that doesn't give a middle initial but it does have the date of birth of 2 Feb 1914 which is for Andrew A. Schlesinger.

There may actually be a third person with the name of Andrew P. Schesinger with a year of birth of either 1914 or 1915.  I found this obituary notice:

ANDREW P. SCHLESINGER "Andy" Merrillville, Indiana Andrew P. Schlesinger, age 81, of Merrillville, Indiana, passed away on Saturday, August 19, 2006. Andy was a retired Supervisor at Anderson Company in Gary and was a maintenance man at Winfield School in Crown Point, IN. He was a Merrillville High School Graduate and was a WWII Army Air Corp Veteran. Andy also enjoyed farming. Andy is preceded in death by four sisters, Kathleen Cotska, Betty Brooks, Martha Rikly and Dorothy Kandalic; and two brothers, Peter and Frank Schlesinger. Andy is survived by his wife of 56 years, Mary; one son, Andrew M. (Cherry) Schlesinger of Merrillville, IN; one daughter, Sharron (nee Schlesinger) (Jeffery) Widup of Hobart, IN; one grandson, Chad Schlesinger of Lafayette, IN; one brother, John Schlesinger of Merrillville, IN; and nieces and nephews. Funeral Services will be held on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 10:00 A.M. directly at Our Lady of Consolation Church, 8303 Taft St., Merrillville with Rev. Joseph E. Vamos officiating. Burial will be in Calumet Park Cemetery, Merrillville. Visitation will be at the Geisen Funeral Home, 7905 Broadway, Merrillville, on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 from 2:00 P.M. until 8:00 P.M. There will be a Prayer Service on Tuesday afternoon at 4:30 P.M. On Wednesday morning, friends may meet at the Church from 9:00 A.M. until the time of Mass at 10:00 A.M. To share a memory with the family or to offer your condolences online, please view the obituary to sign the Guest Book online, or you can create a moving tribute by adding music, text, your own voice, or photos online at www.post-trib.com

I don't have access to ansestory.com so maybe another forum member will be able to clear this up for you.

Allright, so two Andrew Schlesinger born in 1914, that’s pretty confusing. Thank you for clearing that one up. So we can exclude findagrave.com for this search.

Simon Lerenfort

Andrew H Schlesinger was the only draft card on Ancestry that lived in New York, this ties in with Nara of course and is likely your man.