Hello from Australia!

Jimbo24

Hey everyone

Thanks very much for accepting me I really appreciate it.

as my title points out I do live in Australia, I've recently over the last 2-3 years got into collecting *Mainly ww2-Korea-Vietnam* where I live it can be very hard to buy any good military items and almost no one in my area/state collects or if they do mainly focus on Australian made stuff.. I'm not sure why but my interest have always been with US made stuff.. 

Anyway I hope to to get to know you all well and and share and learn as much as I can.. I hope I don't become to annoying with the questions I will no doubt ask.. I know there is Google to help but I find its best going to sites such as these to go to trusted people.. Have a great day

G'day and welcome to down under!  Military Collecting is really a worldwide phenomenon, and Australia was so important for the US in WW2! Happy to have you with us!

Hey Jimbo. Im also in Australia and been on here for a few years. Great people and some really great items. I faint at the recent finds and what people find in thrift stores and flea markets (swap meets). Im in Perth and we have one place where militaria fair and its mostly German and Australian stuff. I collect from WW@ to current and mostly American although with the postage price I have started Australian stuff. The postage from USA if they will can be high so a $30 jacket can become $90 with postage plus the exchange rate and its out of and.

Mr. Jerry, Indeed! that is the beauty of this hobby, all sorts of amazing collections far and wide. 👍 Right back at ya, if it wasn't the you US folks who knows how far Japan would have got ;) Pleasure meeting you mate

Hey Lytec, amazing to see Aussis on here already too! Right?? I've seen some of the finds on Facebook groups and the amount of stuff they find for cheap $$ its only stuff we could dream to buy in some cases.. I'd love to travel to Perth one day, I have a few mates in mainland whom travel for swop meets, I'm lactated Tasmania and there's almost no such thing for swap meets unfortunately. Nice mate, looking forward to seeing what you've got. 

I'm hearing ya, the postage, GST and eBay's "global" shipping program, often paying more for simple things on just the postage rather then the item.. I would have had a lot more buy now had I been living in the US and not been so discussed in the delivery and export costs.. 

Nice to meet a fellow Australian 

I have a lot of collector friends in Oz. And no doubt it can be hard to obtain items which is a bummer. I get lots of requests (when I am selling sometimes). I believe a Book I sold once was $95 shipping to Melbourne. Granted it was a heavy one. BUT where there’s a will .... there’s a way! Welcome aboard. Lots of knowledge and friendly folks around here. 
Z

Giday Paddy, Yeah there's a couple but a lot that I know are mostly focused on German Militaria or Australian stuff, few that do US but not many I know of unfortunately (hopefully that will change being in this group perhaps lol).

Yeah I've only been into collecting for the last 2-3 years or so on and off but the prices of the shipping as I said has been just awful, every now and then I find a nice little score that saves me a bunch on shipping but I'm more often then not having to spend 50-$100 for shipping on items.. $100 mostly when being helmets.. 

Cheers mate, nice meeting you also  👍