WWI 6th Marines, 78th Company Grouping

Blacksmith

Hi everyone - over the weekend, in trying to take a short break from obsessing on militaria (ironically), I was spending some couch time watching an old episode of "Antiques Roadshow".

Being specifically interested in WWI USMC items, I was near-literally floored when this item came in for appraisal.

It is from Season 23 (2019?), Episode 16, and appears from 6:44 to 7:05 - in case you want to FFWD to it.

I do apologize if this has been posted here before - I did a forum search, and couldn't find anything else on it.

Oh, and here it is on YT:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouBe-GruHyM

And please, I would love to avoid this turning into a value appraisal discussion - just wanted to share the group.

AR s23e16.PNG

Thanks Cark for posting this. Partly because it isn't a "full blown" discussion and just a short clip like they do each episode, I had never seen this one. There is at least one other full blown WWI Marine grouping for a Marine in the 6th Marine Supply that was appraised by Jeff Shrader a couple years ago and may be more that I cant immediately recall.

This was a fun 30 seconds or so scene, and what a fantastic grouping. It helped me immensely as I have a NC DSC Marine grouping (I know you have seen it) and it was nice to see this one appraised. It is also a good sign for our hobby that this grouping has gone up in value. Thanks again for posting this. Kevin

2 hours ago, warguy said:

That was thanks “Carl” 

You are most welcome my friend, anytime.  I suspected you specifically would appreciate seeing it.