Book Review: HIDDEN WARBIRDS 1&2

Vincennes

HIDDEN WARBIRDS, and HIDDEN WARBIRDS II by Nicholas A. Veronico; Zenith Press; 2013 and 2014. These 2 books are a treasure trove of photos (mostly color), history, and statistics on WWII aircraft located, recovered, and restored all around the world. Each book runs 256 pages with references (both web and written) and index. Both books contain introductory material, vol. 1 contains 16 chapters and vol. 2 has 14. Each chapter details the story of one or more airplanes. The planes are from the US, Britain, Germany, and Japan. Each chapter gives the history of that aircraft (in war and peace), the history of the pilot flying the aircraft when it crashed, how the craft was located, how it was recovered, how it was repaired, and where it is now. The aircraft in Vol. 1 are B-17's, Helldiver, Dauntless, Vindicator, SBD-2, P-61, Betty, Judy, Tony, Zero, B-18, P-38,  Marauder, Liberator, Mustangs, Harpoon, B-29, and Corsair. Vol. 2 covers DO-17, Corsair, JU-88, B-17, P-39, Thunderbolt, Corsair, Mitchell, P-40, Mustang, Tempest II, Liberator, Mustang, and a Privateer. The original retail price was $30 for each book, but I got my copies for $3 each at a used book store. I highly recommend these book and would be willing to answer any questions you might have.

Hidden1.jpg