Help identifying this rifle sling?

booney110

This sling came on a 1903A3 from an auction.  I’ve tried to search and find what type it is, which country it came from etc.  it has an interesting hinged adjustment buckle. It kind of looks like a canvas version of the 1907.   Any help will be appreciated!!  

33FAF9AB-8E0A-41A8-B6ED-EF02BDF1DB94.jpeg

0AAC848E-E86D-487B-9C20-8C1EDBCB5EA6.jpeg

EFDDC70C-AC26-4796-8EAC-4D14E8A894DB.jpeg

Can you post some pics of the stitching holding both buckles to the sling? 

I'm thinking that extra bucle was added to a GI sling or you have a strap repurposed as a sling. It does happen. I bought a GI trouser belt fitted with the hardware from a GI web sling some years back. I took it back apart and used it as a belt again. 

Sorry for the delay.  We’ve been dealing with covid exposure so I’ve been running around crazy.  Here are some more pics of the sling.  It is well made and seems “military” but I can’t find a match.  It very well could be a belt that was made in to a sling.  Thanks for your help!  

122F1810-9A1F-483F-AAB1-6DED89BC4861.jpeg

C2B05C82-3A38-4BCB-949E-EA224ADAB71A.jpeg

DCD7B487-3AC6-4CD1-92D2-02DE6E442C5E.jpeg

7405111C-209F-44F3-8AC0-0587A76D0B06.jpeg

One  thing I did not thing to ask, how long is that sling? 

The stitching for the original slider looks normal, the other buckle might have been restitched, hard to tell. 

I'm wondering if that is a BAR or M14E2 sling since it looks kind of long. 

A standard GI M1/M14 web sling is about 48" if memory serves. 

I agree with Garandy.  I think it’s a general purpose cargo/tie down strap that some one rigged up as a sling.

Thank you for your replies.  To be honest I haven’t taken it off the rifle.  I’m afraid if I did I wouldn’t be able to reattach it the right way. I’ll probably just  put a WW2 web sling on it and put that one away. Maybe be able to figure it out at one of the shows.  Thanks again!!