Finding a M1 bayonet

Tdanks

My father was recently placed in hospice. He still had a lot of my grandfather's stuff from WWI that was supposed to go to me. Among the stuff that I was supposed to get was a Hitler Youth knife, German dress bayonet, and my grandfather's M1 bayonet that he managed to walk away with. Long story short she sold all of it. I am trying to find a M1 Bayonet to go with my grandfather's field gear display. Can anyone point me in a good direction to look for one. I see plenty on eBay but am apprehensive about buying from there.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think my local military antiques guy might have one I don’t have his card right now I’d have to see if he still has one I’m pretty sure he has one all though it could have sold. I’ll keep my eye out. I’ll pm a pic of his card when I get it.

I think my local military antiques guy might have one I don’t have his card right now I’d have to see if he still has one I’m pretty sure he has one all though it could have sold. I’ll keep my eye out. I’ll pm a pic of his card when I get it.
That would be awesome, thank you

M1 bayonets are not rare and can be found at antique shops and gun shows.  Even if you do not want to buy from ebay, it would be a good idea to cruise through the hundreds there and familiarize yourself with what your looking for.  Go to Gary Cunningham's "bayonet points" and get the inside scoop on M1s.  Google it and you'll find it. 

Marv

M1 bayonets are not rare and can be found at antique shops and gun shows.  Even if you do not want to buy from ebay, it would be a good idea to cruise through the hundreds there and familiarize yourself with what your looking for.  Go to Gary Cunningham's "bayonet points" and get the inside scoop on M1s.  Google it and you'll find it. 
Marv
I will definitely do that, thanks for the advice.

There are plenty of good ones on ebay, and no one is knocking down doors to buy them.  Take your time, read Gary Cunningham's (RIP) Bayonet Points here:
http://www.usmilitaryknives.com/bayonet_points.htm

and one other thing; get an M1 bayonet with a decent scabbard.  You need to read up on the scabbards as well because there are repros and foreign ones out there.  Buying the bayonet and scabbard separately will cost more than buying them together.

Have fun.