mcu-2 on eBay seller wants crazy money for it

PMAN12094

I’m trying to buy this size small muc-2 on eBay Freon this seller and I offered 75 for it they declined the offer saying that they have been going for over 100 which it’s a total lie i know they have been going up to 80 or so it’s well documented with the inspection tag and and has 2 hoods a vpu and carrier I would like to get it for under 100 due to it having to cost around 28 bucks to ship to me it’s kinda disappointing when they have been going for under 100 and the seller won’t take anything less. I’m bummed out and pissed because it’s the right size for me and has what I’m looking for in it. I’m sure it won’t sell and I hope the seller will lower the price. Sorry about that little rant.

13 minutes ago, Mr.Jerry said:

Um, whats a "muc-2"?

Oops dang auto correct. It shouldn’t say that it should say mcu-2. I just noticed more spelling mistakes that the auto correct did that I wish it hadn’t done it should say from instead of Freon.

I will see that question, and ask when the “Field & Personal Gear Section” became an acceptable outlet for complaining that someone wouldn’t sell their item for the price you wanted to pay?

As a reminder, this is the description for this section:

”Post any type of equipment or field gear, including packs, pistol belts, etc. and any type of personal gear, like lighters, soap, shaving cream, etc.”

1 minute ago, Blacksmith said:

I will see that question, and ask when the “Field & Personal Gear Section” became an acceptable outlet for complaining that someone wouldn’t sell their item for the price you wanted to pay?

As a reminder, this is the description for this section:

”Post any type of equipment or field gear, including packs, pistol belts, etc. and any type of personal gear, like lighters, soap, shaving cream, etc.”

I think my mind was going a little too fast when I posted it. I’m sure I could have posted it in a different section. 

1 minute ago, 72psb said:

I would just move on. Happens to all of us. One will show up for your price range.

I know it would be stupid but I might try and offer 105 for it. I know I don’t necessarily need it considering I’ve already got an m40.

Now that I know what you were after (a gas mask), I did a quick search of actually sold prices and they seem to range from, $60 up to $250 for MIB ones. Most of the ones sold seem to be right around $125.  As always there are a few outliers (one sold for $22) but when pricing things it is good to draw that "bell curve" to see what you are dealing with.  Based on that info, I would say an offer of $80 was a little low on your part.  It never hurts to ask, but no doubt they did the same 2 minute search I did on their item.

That all being said, I will echo my colleague sentiments- just wait until you find another one. Military stuff is like buses. If you miss one, another one will be along in 10 minutes.

Patience grasshopper.

If it actually has a VPU, which wouldn't be part of the standard mask itself,  it would be worth more than what a usual mask is.  VPUs, depending on the mask type they are for run from like 40-150 themselves,  so Id say his price would fair if it really is a accessory VPU with it.

6 hours ago, mohawkALSE said:

If it actually has a VPU, which wouldn't be part of the standard mask itself,  it would be worth more than what a usual mask is.  VPUs, depending on the mask type they are for run from like 40-150 themselves,  so Id say his price would fair if it really is a accessory VPU with it.

I did check prices on vpu’s and they seem to sell for 35. I think the mask is the aircraft version.

10 hours ago, PMAN12094 said:

I did check prices on vpu’s and they seem to sell for 35. I think the mask is the aircraft version.

If it has the jack at the 12 oclock position in the front its a 2A/P which has the mic positioner in the inside.  They sometimes have the mics installed others dont.  One of my friends that is a AF pilot had a MCU-2A/P in his A bag as part of his field and protective gear they carry around and it lacked the mic but the positioner was there.  Around 2011 they traded in those masks for the Avon M50s.   Those A bags are just a flyers kit bag with some gear in it for non flying duties.  His consisted of a ACH helmet, a PASGT frag vest, that MCU-2A/P and later the M50 with their carriers,  a LC-2 pistol belt, 1 M16 ammo pouch and 1 canteen and carrier.  Being pilots they really never gave a crap about it so it was all piled in the bag so one time I took it out of the trunk of his car and put it all together for him.  I actually got to keep 1 of the PASGT vests from another friend as when he was turning his crap in to PCS they didn't want it.  Would have been cool to get the 2A/P mask too.

2 hours ago, mohawkALSE said:

If it has the jack at the 12 oclock position in the front its a 2A/P which has the mic positioner in the inside.  They sometimes have the mics installed others dont.  One of my friends that is a AF pilot had a MCU-2A/P in his A bag as part of his field and protective gear they carry around and it lacked the mic but the positioner was there.  Around 2011 they traded in those masks for the Avon M50s.   Those A bags are just a flyers kit bag with some gear in it for non flying duties.  His consisted of a ACH helmet, a PASGT frag vest, that MCU-2A/P and later the M50 with their carriers,  a LC-2 pistol belt, 1 M16 ammo pouch and 1 canteen and carrier.  Being pilots they really never gave a crap about it so it was all piled in the bag so one time I took it out of the trunk of his car and put it all together for him.  I actually got to keep 1 of the PASGT vests from another friend as when he was turning his crap in to PCS they didn't want it.  Would have been cool to get the 2A/P mask too.

It’s definitely an 2a/p it does have the internal mic which I see most of them missing. I’m sure it won’t sell if so I would hope the seller would go down in price on it. I do own an old flyers kit bag that’s dated may of 87 they sure do hold a lot