Ebay Related Subject

SKIPH

I realize this is not knife related, but it is more related to the state of ebay. We all know prices are sometimes extremely high, but here is an example of someone either testing the waters, or really running a scam. The seller has a metal strip selling it as a "WW2 Gun Part" no mention of any particular weapon, but has a starting bid of $4000, ebay item 373543802560. I do not know the seller, but suspect he is trying to prove some point, If someone could post the ad it would be appreciated.  Suspect this could be an interesting thread. SKIP

Posting pics of "WW2 Gun Part".  I guess the seller wanted to make sure people saw all sides of this "thing?".  Wow...

If anyone doesn't want to spend that much on this, let me know and I'm sure I can find or make you one for half that price, lol. 😉

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

Believe me gang, I debated on this ad, but it just goes to show what folks will try to sell. We have all seen knives that were really rough, or watched sellers asking ridiculous prices for fairly common knives. This takes the cake. This guy has to be testing the waters of ebay. Sorry to get off the knife topics, but this just had to be seen.  SKIP

I'm going out on a limb here, but I've seen this before.  A seller has a part for something not allowed to sell on ebay, but by just showing the part, the seller is waiting for that one person who recognizes the part and needs it to put into their special assembly.  As for this part, I have no idea what it fits.

3 minutes ago, conn said:

looks like the tool to open a car door from years ago when keys were locked inside car

A "slim jim"?  

looks to me like a short one, they do break alot, we use to make them out of banding straps used on pallets. 

i am guessing,  i do not know the size of item pictured.

could be anything, to me i thought of the " slim jim ", because of the shape of the end shaped like a hammer head shark

New seller, so maybe they're running some experiment to see if/how long ebay takes to pulls listing?

I collect some 1:18th scale models and I saw some auction for junk parts, should have been $50 tops sell for $7500. Seller was new and there were 2 profiles with also little feedback bidding it back and forth up to $7500. I assumed the auction was a front for some type of money laundering/drug scheme.

BILL THE PATCH
A "slim jim"?  

Yes sir, That's what it looks like. Slip it in between the window And door and pull up to release the lock.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

manayunkman
21 hours ago, Boy Howdy said:

At least this guy has a sense of humor!

Beer can of unknown origin, smooshed, could be rare!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402803876492?hash=item5dc8fb628c:g:vygAAOSw5xJggJMz

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Just because it’s from Newport RI I love this!!

Trash from the Great Gatsby?

They have no feedback and everything they have for sale is trash from the woods and they don’t guarantee that the item will be available by the time the auction is paid for.

The memory foam pillow with a starting bid of $6.60 stands out.

I looks like it is partially for charity and so far none of the 54 items of garbage have a bid.

9AE39960-D27B-429A-B379-ACE99562D79F.jpeg

5765FE88-6EB6-4EB6-A40C-D86811D97CCC.png

Hah - we are all doing the same searches, I saw that on Ebay too - 

I thought it was the trigger guard to an M3 Greasegun, that he was hiding the rest, but it's not.