A couple of finds at a show

Tesla

Hello All,

I found these wings today at a show.  The show itself was outstanding and it was great to get out and see the artifacts ranging from the 1300's to the modern era and you would have thought we were in German supply depot with the amount of WWII German items for sale.  The US wings were scattered around the show and there were never more than 5 or 6 on a table.  I looked at several of them and most were fairly common wings and some were outright clunkers. ( An Amcraft based Glider that was a poor hollow back copy and a NS Meyer Glider casting.)  I spoke with many of the dealers and they all told me they don't know the American items that well and focus on the German stuff.  I applaud all on this forum who are preserving the memory of our veterans and the items they used in the war.  

I have been looking for a Gemsco flight surgeon for a long time.  The pictures of the back of the wing didn't come out well but in the center of the back is the word Sterling and on the left side of the wing is the Gemsco logo with the laurel wreath.   The JR Gaunt observer was the best wing in the show in my opinion. There is some brassing on the front and you can see the alignment marks where the findings are to be attached.  

20210417_173851.jpg

20210417_174005.jpg

20210417_173937.jpg

20210417_173818.jpg

20210417_174041.jpg

20210417_171650.jpg

20210417_174114.jpg