61st FA patch a rare patch and for me a most wanted one

mortaydc60

You just do not see many units this size from WW2 with their own shoulder patch; and that is for starters. There are probably only 10  or so that fit this bill ;than on top of this it was in the Pacific theater where manufacturing was not on level as in Europe. This just ended on Ebay and knew it would sell well and was over $460. There was a bullion version that closed earlier that sold in the $200+ range but I liked this  one better, did not get the warm fuzzy feel with the bullion, but again ,not in hand so could be wrong. Just wanted to point this out for the forum and to be on the look out since it is not that well known or in that many references. Enclosed are both patches for reference.

Mort

s-l1600-69.jpg

s-l1600-67.jpg

s-l1600-65.jpg

That was a really cool one, and I agree I also thought it looked much better then the bullion pieces that been listed previously. It is interesting that all of the examples I have seen recently have been for the WW2 version of the units insignia because I am still hoping to come across a similarly sized example of the Korean era design to match the Japanese made DUI I have. I have to suppose that an example probably exists for this later design as well. 

image.png