Pair of OG507 field uniform finds at flea market

Tonomachi

Found a pair of OG507 wash & wear fabric field uniforms with direct embroidery.  The yellow label is all washed out and I believe these replaced the all cotton OG-107 field uniform.  I don't know if the direct embroidery was done in the US at maybe an off base tailor shop or maybe an overseas off base tailor shop in a place like South Korea.  

OF507 eplacment & School Command (3).JPG

OF507 eplacment & School Command (4).JPG

OF507 eplacment & School Command (1).JPG

OF507 eplacment & School Command (6).JPG

OF507 eplacment & School Command (5).JPG

I would say US embroidery since there is a CONUS based TRADOC patch on there (assuming no ghost outline of a non-CONUS patch underneath) and it just looks like US embroidery. 

4 hours ago, KurtA said:

I would say US embroidery since there is a CONUS based TRADOC patch on there (assuming no ghost outline of a non-CONUS patch underneath) and it just looks like US embroidery. 

That makes sense thanks.

US Cavalry Store used to sell both direct embroidered fatigues and BDUs.  

I think Ranger Joes near Fort Benning used to do them also.  

That looks like a subdued TRADOC patch (Training and Doctrine Command.)  This officer might have been part of the cadre at a basic training post like Fort Jackson, Fort Dix, etc.  (not Fort Benning as Fort Benning cadre wore the "Follow Me" Infantry school patch.)  

44 minutes ago, Martinjmpr said:

That looks like a subdued TRADOC patch (Training and Doctrine Command.)  This officer might have been part of the cadre at a basic training post like Fort Jackson, Fort Dix, etc.  (not Fort Benning as Fort Benning cadre wore the "Follow Me" Infantry school patch.)  

Yup, I had a OG direct embroidered from US cav. 3rd time I wore it, CSM came down on me like the 3rd shock army

5 hours ago, Martinjmpr said:

The Ranger Joes did they do this in the 70s? If so this then may be the point of origin of the Direct Embroidered chest insignia seen on a lot of the staff at the Infantry School in the late 70s.

Correct, TRADOC, Basic Training posts where TRADOC patches were not worn by Drill Sergeants and Cadres and Training Unit Officer Commanders when this shirt was worn in the late 70s early 80s.

Ft Benning as stated by Martinjmpr.

Ft Knox

Ft Bliss

Ft Sill

It looks like the Lieutenant's rank was covered over by black Magic Marker or something similar.  This was a common practice when a junior officer went from 2LT (brown bar) to 1LT (black bar).  No reason to waste custom embroidered uniforms that could be so simply modified.