CIB Pinback from 8th ID Ike Jacket - Maker? Opinions?

dc9

Hello All,

This CIB was about the only thing salvageable from a moth-ravaged Ike jacket I recently found.  The Ike was an 8th Infantry Division with a Ruptured Duck, so I am wondering if this might be a German/Foreign-made pinback.  It does not appear to be Sterling.

All opinions welcome.

Thank you,

Eric

IMG_8593.JPG

IMG_8594.JPG

IMG_8584.JPG

IMG_8587.JPG

BILL THE PATCH

It doesn't look British, because the enamel is to nice, Brit ones tend to be uneven. I would say German made maybe.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

German was my first thought as well honestly. Funny, usually I get more info from the reverse but the front was what said German to me.

Nothing about the hinge or clasp jumped out at me. Looks well made!

The catch and hinge don't look German to me. They look more like the ones you see on American made badges in my opinion. 

The hardware does look U.S. in origin.  I was assuming it might be German, as the uniform had three overseas stripes, along with the 8th IB being in Germany.  There was also a WWII Victory ribbon I found in a pocket (not attached), so I was thinking he was discharged while in Germany.

For those folks who are much more familiar with CIBs - are there any similarities to known U.S. Makers?

Thanks,

Eric