Info on fighting knife

Keith

This is from an Estate Sale that also had some Vietnam War ribbon bars so there MAY be a connection.  It is totally unmarked.  The handle is stacked leather and the guard and pommel are aluminum.  The handle looks to be factory?  The blade has been heavily sharpened and if there were any markings on it they are now gone.  Any opinions?  Thanks, keith

kn1a.jpg

kn1b.jpg

I don't have a clue about the knife but do you know what city and state the estate sale was in and how long ago it was?

I do know the deceased was 100 years old.  Too old for Vietnam so the ribbon bars belonged to someone else.  I am working on finding that info.  Since the deceased may have been in WW2 or Korea the knife may have been there instead of Vietnam.  I hope to get more info.

Any idea why my posted photos get blurry (?) when posted?  In my files they are nice and clean.

3 hours ago, Keith said:

I do know the deceased was 100 years old.  Too old for Vietnam so the ribbon bars belonged to someone else.  I am working on finding that info.  Since the deceased may have been in WW2 or Korea the knife may have been there instead of Vietnam.  I hope to get more info.

Any idea why my posted photos get blurry (?) when posted?  In my files they are nice and clean.

Sorry, I don't have any idea why your posted photos get blurry when they're posted.  Hopefully you'll get some more info.

On 4/16/2021 at 7:17 PM, thorin6 said:

Looks like a fairly typical "theater" knife; the aluminum suggest being made by an airfield repair shop.

I think you nailed it.  The Estate owner served in the U.S. Army Air Corps during WW2. Thanks.