CPL EVERETT H. STEIN

BEAST

post-203-1233454973.jpg

Photo of Cpl Stein taken somewhere "Over There"

Everett Henry Stein was born in April 1892 in Richmond, Indiana. Before the war, he listed hi occupation as a sheet metal worker. On October 4th, 1917, he was inducted into the Infantry and assigned to the 84th Division. He trained at Camp Taylor, KY, Camp Shelby, MS and Camp Hancock, Georgia.

After Camp Hancock, he was sent to Camp Greene, NC where the Motor Mechanics Regiments were being formed. On January 29th 1918, he was transferred to Signal Corps for assignment to a regiment. He was initially assigned to the 4th Company, 3rd Regiment, but was later transferred to the 6th Company. It wasn't until October 1918 that the name of the regiment was changed to the Air Service Mechanics (ASM) Regiment. The regiment was broken down into specialties with each specialty forming a company.

He sailed from Jersey City on June 23rd 1918 on the PATRIA. He arrived in Brest on July 5th, 1918. He was stationed at Romorantin, France from July 13th until May 31st, 1919.

post-203-1233455071.jpg

Stein's ID tags

Thanks CdG. After all of those officer groups, I thought we should post some of the men who made it possible for those "knights of the air" to take wing. After all we know that Air Service/Air Corps/Air Force enlistedmen are the smartest of all enlisted. In the other services, the officers salute their men and send them off to battle, in the Air Force, the enlisted salute the officers and send them off to fight! :)

IMPERIAL QUEST
KICK rump GROUP ERICK! rump rump rump A S! RUMP RUMP!

:lol::rolleyes::lol:

Thanks CdG. After all of those officer groups, I thought we should post some of the men who made it possible for those "knights of the air" to take wing. After all we know that Air Service/Air Corps/Air Force enlistedmen are the smartest of all enlisted. In the other services, the officers salute their men and send them off to battle, in the Air Force, the enlisted salute the officers and send them off to fight!

Here here, super group thumbsup.gif . I would like to have an enlisted aviation tunic one day to compliment my Knight's uniform(s)...

Love it! I need to add an ID'd air service uniform to my collection. Maybe one...two...why stop there? three....four...

I've got an enlisted one in my collection but your's is pertier

-Chuck

Erick,

Nice group! - I think sometimes that good enlisted Air Service groupings are more difficult to come across than officer's items. Great rank patch.

Dennis

• 4 years later...