Jim “Pee Wee” Martin’s 100th Birthday, APR. 24, '21, Xenia, OH

Brian Keith

Brian Keith

XENIA, OHIO, April 8, 2021 – W&R Vets will host the largest birthday tribute of 2021 to celebrate World War II paratrooper Jim “Pee Wee” Martin’s 100th Birthday. The event will be at Skydive Greene County on Saturday, April 24, 2021. Three historic aircraft will fly over with a mass parachute drop to honor Martin, a paratrooper who jumped on D-Day as part of the 101st Airborne Division. The aircraft participating include, C-47 Placid Lassie of the Tunison Foundation, C-47 That’s All Brother and C-53 D-Day Doll are owned and operated by the Commemorative Air Force (CAF). All aircraft are also active members of the D-Day Squadron, which flew missions on D-Day and have been restored and preserved to represent their role in the Allied invasion of Normandy. The D-Day Squadron crossed the Atlantic summer of 2019 to participate in the 75th Anniversary of D-Day ceremonies.

https://wandrvets.org/timeline-of-events

https://commemorativeairforce.org/news/wwii-paratrooper-jim-pee-wee-martin-s-100th-birthday-jump-fest

Hope to see you there!

BKW

Got to meet Jim “Pee Wee” Martin last year at the Show of Shows [my first SOS] all the 'stuff' is really cool there but it couldn't hold a candle to meeting Martin and the other Veterans. They were the real 'show stoppers' for me. The other crap will be with us for a long, long time to come, they won't. God Bless em. Heck of a guy to meet. Made my trip there worth the gas money and then some.

Kurt Barickman

He is probably the last member of G/506 alive. I was lucky and blessed to know several of them to include their long time company commander who lived here in Minnesota along with a couple of other members of that company.

Kurt