Help to ID US WW2 Navy Jacket unit marking

blademan

2 hours ago, dmar836 said:

Yeah but who’s jacket was it and what did he do? LOL

Awesome job again, az!

That was funny dmar836.  Thank you!

AZnation,

Wow and OMG! That is some incredible info!   Thank you so much for your help!  This will help put together is bio for his display. 

You're very welcome blademan.  Fortunately there was quite a bit of information on John D. Hare.  You've acquired a really nice jacket and like you stated you now have some good bio info to go with it.  Congrats!  Also, while looking for John's information on Newspapers.com I found that his father and grandfather's information were quite interesting as well.  Sometimes you just get lucky with the amount of information on someone, and in John's case that certainly is true.  -- Matt

Matt,

Thanks again! Im still in awe of all the info you found and graciously provided. Ironically John is buried in the same cemetery that we have been setting up our Memorial and Veterans day displays for the past 15 years.  With Covid we have taken a break and hopefully will be able to display his jacket near his grave site at one of our future events. The info you provided will surely make it more meaningful to the attendees and especially the kids who love the displays. 

Thanks again!

You're welcome.  That's awesome that his jacket will be displayed on one of your future events.  Thank YOU for remembering veterans at those type of events and sharing their stories with everyone, and to have done so for the past 15 years is just wonderful.  Take care...Matt

9 hours ago, aznation said:

You're welcome.  That's awesome that his jacket will be displayed on one of your future events.  Thank YOU for remembering veterans at those type of events and sharing their stories with everyone, and to have done so for the past 15 years is just wonderful.  Take care...Matt

Matt,

Thank you for your kind words about honoring our vets. It seems like the least we can do so upcoming generations who are unlikely to meet a living wwii vet can connect with one through some of their stories and artifacts.

We got involved with these presentations when my daughter was born in hope's of her getting to know some of these vets before they were all gone.  One of them became her God Father. He has since passed.

My daughter became a docent at our local military musuem with me at the age of five. It's been a wonderful bond we continue to share. 

Thanks again