Newspaper Display

postmanusnac

postmanusnac

I have a copy of a VE-Day edition of the 94th ID’s newspaper “The Attack” that I possibly want to display with an original letter from the CG to Division on the same occasion.

I’m not too worried about the cost, but I want the display to look nice as it will be hung prominently in my house. Also, not worried about ever needing to removing it as I have a digital copy from a different copy that I can read.

Is archival glass the best way to go?

Any particular materials to use (or not) for backing?

Is it worth going to a place like Michaels or a store like it?

The paper has been stored folded up for gods know how long, should it flattened someway first?

Anything else I should think of?

-J

tdogchristy90

While Michaels can be expensive as you’re going to a standard big box store, I have always had a wonderful experience with them. They displayed all my pieces in a way that does not damage the item, using acid free materials, and UV glass. The UV glass/no sun will probably be the biggest thing with something like a newspaper given the cheapness of the paper.

If nothing else it might be beneficial to go into a place like Michaels and at least talk it out with their frame department to get an idea of what all is involved.