Legit Dog Tag??

Pudgy (V)

Can someone tell me if this is a legit military dog tag?  I can't seem to find an example just like this, it has a really low serial number. 

Thank-you!!!

20210411_144104_copy_1238x1651.jpg

20210411_144125_copy_1238x1651.jpg

I'm going to say no, not a dogtag.

My initial thought was that it fit on a key ring and the name was the last name of the owner of the set of keys. The LV being the telephone exchange number followed by the 4 digits. So when lost, the finder would dial:  LV 6415.  Of course that is my wild a$$ guess! If I'm right, it would probably date to the 20's or 30's when there were a lot less telephones and therefore less digital combinations.

When I was a little kid growing up in 1950's Indianapolis, I still remember our phone number started with a "CL" followed by 5 digits at that time. "CL" stood for "Clifford". So calling somebody or going through the operator, you would say I'm calling "Clifford 55797" as an example. Soon after, they dropped the letter prefix and went to a straight 7 numbers.

Ok, thank-you!!  It was a fleamarket find, and was with some other dog tags.  I really wasn't sure at the time if it was or wasn't a dog tag.  Interesting tag either way.  

Wharfmaster

Only 3 people on Find A Grave with this name combination and only one man, First name Leo. It would appear he was also a Vet.

I have an old named Aluminum cruise ship luggage tag that looks like this but can't say this one is.

W