JQMD 1936 mule pack for water

robinb

Something not seen every day. Each side carries an inner canvas bladder for carrying water. It's missing some straps, fore and aft, that I don't know what they would look like. 

w`.jpg

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

w4.jpg

Brian Keith

Interesting, is the water carried in the smaller pouch on the sides, or does the larger canvas open up somewhere to insert the canvas bladder? How much volume do you suppose it would hold?

I like seeing Jeffersonville made items! 

BKW

I don't know what the smaller pouch is for. But yes, there is a large canvas bladder inside of the large pouch. I guess it'd hold at least 5 gallons.

General Apathy
3 hours ago, robinb said:

Something not seen every day. Each side carries an inner canvas bladder for carrying water. It's missing some straps, fore and aft, that I don't know what they would look like. 

w`.jpg

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

w4.jpg

Hi Robin,

many thanks for posting this,  reminded me that I should have one of them,  if I have I haven't seen it for many years, when I find it and if it has the straps missing from yours I will try and give you a heads-up on what they look like.

I got mine from Tom Gordon at Military Marketplace back in the 90's.

regards lewis.

• 3 months later...
jsalberry92

I love JQMD and RIA stuff! Thanks for sharing! Where did you ever find a mule mannequin like that?