Today's Acquisitions

SKIPH

Hey Gang!  Picked up a couple of things today at "Warpath Militaria".  The MK2 is a guard marked KA-BAR, USN MK2, about as mint as you can get w/o the original packaging. The Army Air Corps Survival Machete is a CASE XX with about 50% original bluing, and the metal edge protector. The machete had some old brush sap and some light rust. Placed it under hot water, and used a Brillo pad to clean it up, no pitting. The edge had some gouges near the front rounded edge, so I took a file, and smoothed the dings down, w/o damaging the blades integrity. The steel is a soft, easy to sharpen quality, then I ran it a couple of times over a hand held knife sharpener. Came out better than I thought, considering it had been well used. and dinged up. I used  my old army shaving brush to apply the "LSA" the the blades. I might just throw the machete in the trunk of the car as a functional blade.  Can someone explain to me why pictures keep turning upside down when posted?  SKIP      NOTE- Turned the pic upside down in my files, reposted, no change, still upside down. 

20210410_152728.jpg

If you check out the rounded edge at the tip,  you can see where it was pretty ragged, only did a little edge work with the file. SKIP

As a matter of quick clarification Skip, that Case machete is US Navy and not an Army Air Corps item. It is officially the model type V-44.

Dustin- Thanks, I was always under the impression they were Army Air Corps.  V-44 to me has always been the Bowie Style versions. Thanks for the clarification.  SKIP

Note- Dustin, just found the thread from Sep 2013, and your explanation.  Must have missed that one.

Skip, sometimes the photo, even when turned right-side up, remain saved as upside down.  You might try turning them right-side up, then saving them, closing the photo viewing software, than opening up and seeing if they were saved right-side up.  In some photo viewing software, the original file is stored no matter how you view the photo.

Bill- Advice taken, will see if I can download pics upside down, sadly, this is the only place they turn upside down. SKIP