are these Meyer 9M Flight Engineer wings okay

donaldnol

5thwingmarty

They both might be real Meyer die-struck wings, but not of WWII vintage.  Certainly the one with the 9M marking is from well after WWII.

With Meyer wings, you always want to look at the pin.  These appear to have the "floppy pin" that opens up 180 degrees (you would normally see a small triangular "cam" at the hinge end of the pin that keeps it from opening up more than 90 degrees).  Restrikes have the floppy pin and originals have the cam'ed pin.  I cannot really tell from the photos what the pins are like.  But for me that would be the first thing I checked

The first one looks like a casting to me but that could just be all the gunk on the wing.  The second one looks like it isn't a casting.

In general, the 2 inch wings and the later 9m or 22m marked wings weren't faked.  They didn't have a lot of value and weren't hard to get a hold of by collectors.

The FE wing was worn well after ww2, so the 9M marked one would be vintage to the era when they were worn.

All in all, the pins look bad (from what I can see) but assuming neither are casts, the marking are ok.  IF the price was cheap and the seller had a good return policy, I would probably consider drop a few bucks, but on the other hand, it isn't all THAT hard to find better examples of post WWII/KW vintage FE wings. 

Finally, with NS Meyer wings, you will rarely find a consensus and you will rarely get top dollar because of all the concerns with restrikes. 

Not the cleanest photo but a picture of a WWII vet wearing 2 inch FE wings (likely made by NS Meyers) on his KW vintage USAF uniform

post-1519-1272466547.jpg.5440692959c79a65b9ba19a9d957ed2e.jpg

The Rooster

Here is a pic of the cam to the extreme right sticking out past the hinge on the end of the pin on a WW2 Meyer that prevents its opening all the way.

post-181333-0-21195100-1581016005.jpg.8b137836d27a372902744d9ba43b420e.jpg