Hi Guys-

I am working on writing up stuff for the website and I came across this oddball that I have not been able to ID exactly enough. Mills made in 1905 in blue- but I know this as the 1910 pattern, is there another designation for it?  Thanks!

IMG_7291.JPG

IMG_7292.JPG

US Victory Museum

That is a model 1910 garrison belt that someone has seen fit to dye blue.   The 1905 is a patent date for the brass hardware

and has nothing to do with the time of manufacture.  Whatever chemical(s) were used to dye the belt have had a corrosive

effect of the brass hardware at points of contact. 

This belt is not to be confused with the naval revolver belts actually produced in a dark blue by Mills which were made with eight

pockets for  .38LC cartridges.

Msn

A great deal of WW1 surplus web gear was purchased by police and fire departments through the 1940s.  I have encountered WW1 dated web gear died both blue and grey.

• 1 month later...
retread12345

NO EXPERT.    I was at a show some years back and a dealer had a couple dozen M1923 cartridge belts and a pile of 6 cell Thompson

SMG  pouches. All original, all excellent, and all freshly stenciled U.S.M.C

ON THE FRONT or BACK. Your choice........ Too bad, but for many the damage they do is of no import in the pursuit of profit.

\ passed on these items and bought 2 SKS rifles for 100.00  each

As I said it was a while back