Some of my original sculpts

Anders Heintz

Anders Heintz

Hola guys,

Here are a few of the figures I've sculpted/painted the past few years. Some are in progress, others are finished.

To start off with here is a 1/12th scale bust of a Stryker Crewman. He's wearing the IBA, ACU's (although could be DCU's if the vest was changed) and CVC helmet with Bose systems. The head is a seperate piece for casting and the bust was sculpted using Magic Sculpt. As you can see the bust is still in progress, still working on the microphone and some other small detals. Not much left to do really though. Looking forward to paint the ACU camo!

bust_photoshop.jpg

t_bust7.jpg

t_bust6.jpg

t_bust5.jpg

t_bust4.jpg

t_bust3.jpg

Anders Heintz

Here is a figure from 1846, a British Private from the 45th Regiment of foot. Sculpted with Magic Sculpt and painted with Vallejo Acrylics.

45_5.jpg

45_4.jpg

45_3.jpg

45_2.jpg

45_1.jpg

Anders Heintz

And a US GI from Normandy WWII.

Here you see a resin casting of the original sculpt

resin2.jpg

And primed casting

primed2.jpg

and a picture of the original sculpt

finished3.jpg

And a Soviet Army Scout in 1/35th scale

r9_big.jpg

I hope you like them, they are a few examples of my work the past couple of years!

Anders Heintz

Thanks guys! You are too kind.

Erwin,

I am currently working on a 75mm ACW piece, a Confederate Standard Bearer ca. Gettysburg. It is for a thing called the Artis Preservation Group (APG), Im donating a master figure to them to raise money to conserve Historical Artifcats.

Dave,

I'll post some inprogress stuff here in a few minutes!

FightenIrish35

im simply speechless,you have some gift....a little of topic but have you done any 1812 era/french napoleonic sculpts?

Anders Heintz

Hola Michael,

No, no Napoleonic or war of 1812 figures yet...

I've done mostly WWII, some ACW, some modern and some British Colonial stuff. Napoleonics is just not something I'm too interested in and all the lace work would drive me nuts!

In reference to the Modern Tank / Stryker crewman sculpt...

I was in Iraq during the 2003-2004 time frame, and initially we went over in DCU's and the older style Kevlar PASGT vests. About 2/3rds the way through the deployment, we received the first issue of the IBA, in BDU pattern green brown and black. This scuplt COULD be painted that way and be correct. The ACU stuff didnt really hit big until the late 2004 2005 time frame. While I was over there, I honestly dont recall seeing anyone in ACUs, and the mandatory switchover didnt happen until later anyway... The wear out date for the BDUs / mandatory ACU date was October of 2007 I think.

Hope this helps!

Wayne

Anders Heintz

Thanks for your insight Wayne!!

The bust is supposed to be for around 2007. I believe the 1st BCT was deployed then if memory serves me well, I used pictures from them in Iraq as reference.

You are right though about the DCU/BDU option with this bust. The only thing you would have to do is to take off everyother strap on the IBA. I think the original IBA's had 6 rows of straps on the front.

I like the 2004 look with the DCU's, MICH with DCU cover and woodland IBA's. Might have to sculpt some of them guys!

Do you ever do sculpts for people? Just wondering. You're stuff is great. I can do wonders with things in 2 dimensions, but I've never gotten into 3d stuff, I guess I probably should someday...

Anders Heintz

Hola Lee,

Yes, I do comissions for people. I can sculpt a piece for someone to paint, or I can sculpt and paint a piece depending on the collector and what they want. Usually I do a sculpted/painted piece completed on a base with some sort of groundwork.

We are opposites!! I can't do anything worth while in 2D...have to do it in 3D to make it look decent!

• 4 weeks later...