Sign in to follow this  
DutchInfid3l

Presidential Unit Citation

A Presidential Unit Citation ribbon, it's all one piece, not a separate frame, with a space in the middle for a device?

Has anyone seen one of these? U.S. made or foreign? No markings.

1-31027.jpg

1-31026.jpg

Thanks!

-Sarah

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

The space is probably for an oak leaf cluster...neat piece! thumbsup.gif

Looking for WWII, Nam items, Painted or Decaled Liners, and Military Pocket Bibles

My dog loves SPAM and snores like a drunken Sailor!

C Battery 2/32 FA BN

Sgt/E5

Giessen, Germany

1987-1990

remoteImage.gif

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

that is really interesting. I'd like to learn more, too

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

"FOR OUR TOMORROWS, THEY GAVE THEIR TODAYS"
RIP
Sgt Jesse 'Jeff Nasty' Balthaser
Sgt John P Huling
Cpl Carlos 'Gilo Monster' Gilorozco
Cpl Stephen C 'Socks' Sockalosky
LCpl Joshua A 'Scottie' Scott
LCpl Jason Lee 'Birdman' Frye
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
LCpl Osbrany 'Oz' Montes De Oca
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

That is rather cool! I wonder where it was made/manufactured (US vs theater-made). The holes are definitely for an OLC. Thanks for sharing!

G

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Actively seeking North Carolina and 30th infantry Division-related items from all periods.

Also looking for items belonging to veterans that went to The Citadel in Charleston.

Troop D, 1-150th Cavalry RGT, 30th HBCT. M1A1 SEP Tank Commander.

OMSA member #7423

US Army Historical Foundation Charter Member

US Army Brotherhood of Tankers member

American Association For State and Local History

Southeasren Museums Conference

Southeastern Registrars Association

I never saw one like it. Given some of the postwar German made items I have seen, I suspect that was the origin.

G

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I have seen an all metal one before but it was not as nice as this piece. The slot is definately for an OLC.

California

"Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom."

-Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr.

USAF

''A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.'' Gerald Ford

"Those who melt their guns into plows will plow for those who don't." Thomas Jefferson

"I live in weirdville." Owen

donation2011.gif

There is a set of painted all metal ribbons like this at the Gettysburg Quartermaster militaria shop in Gettysburg, PA - they have it labeled as a POW produced item, but I'd suspect more like Gil says...Postwar german manufacture, akin to the plastic / glass ribbon bars, locally made during occupation era. Still very neat, and quite scarce.

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but it sure looks like there is some text in the circled area...

I defintely see what you have circled, I've tried looking at it with my little mag lite since just looking at it with the overhead lights just makes shadows, all I can see with the naked eye is just what looks like solder around the pins, but I'll keep trying.

-Sarah

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

I wonder if they made these with no holes, two holes, etc.?

Very interesting piece, it reminds me of those aluminum para ovals.

Rob

Exhausting & Dirty Work

Interested in buying identified or re-searchable Korean War uniforms, groupings, medals and more.

Here's another one, one of several on German eBay right now, 1950's Deutsche Herstellung or German Manufactuer, just go into German eBay and search CITATION.

puczp9.jpg

"Old tankers never die, they just smell that way!"

A co. 4/73rd Armor, 1st Infantry Division (Forward)

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

I wonder if they made these with no holes, two holes, etc.?

Very interesting piece, it reminds me of those aluminum para ovals.

Rob

I've had them with one hole and with two holes.

Forum members:

You are in the MEDALS & DECORATIONS "Reference Section". This area is where posts from the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...?showforum=83) are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the various U.S. medals and military decorations.

As time moves forward, some of these posts may have additional information added to them by the moderators of this section. We ask for your input as well, especially in the correction of any erroneous information that may have inadvertently be posted..

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (here: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind....?showforum=83). And, as needed, we will be pleased to move any new and / or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised: posting and / or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff.

Sincerely,

Chris / ADMIN

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.