Just bought 2 Navy conversion B/Rs

A friend on CMP was selling a WRA and a SA both H&R conversions to 7.62. Just B/Rs I have the parts to complete. 

easterneagle87

I get most of the posting, BUT ... that is one of the most cryptic postings I seen here. 😉

I have collected guns since 1966 and have never heard that term. Guess I really am a dinosaur. 

Steve

ps

Until recently I had never heard the term “capture screw” either.

I believe he is talking of M1 Garand conversions from caliber 30-06 to 7.62X51mm.  As for "capture screw" I believe you have to collect K98k Mausers, or at least own one.

Which Navy Garand are they?  Mk2 Mod 0 with the chamber insert or Mk2 Mod 1 with the 7.62 NATO chambered barrel?

On 4/3/2021 at 9:57 PM, thorin6 said:

I believe he is talking of M1 Garand conversions from caliber 30-06 to 7.62X51mm.  As for "capture screw" I believe you have to collect K98k Mausers, or at least own one.

Bought my first 98k Mauser in 1969, my first G33/40 in 1971.  Over the years I have owned 40 or 50 German military Mauser 98s of various types, and currently own 8.  I always called them lock screws, which is the term I learned from Colonel Smires in the 1960s.