My M40A1 field protective mask

PMAN12094

The mask it’s self is dated 1996 along with all the parts on the mask also being dated 96. The tinted outserts are dated 1995. The manual is dated February 1994. I’m unsure of what the date is on the quick doff hood and carrier. I have not disassembled it since I do not have the tool to remove the from voice diafram above the outlet valve.

PMAN12094
Just now, PMAN12094 said:

The mask it’s self is dated 1996 along with all the parts on the mask also being dated 96. The tinted outserts are dated 1995. The manual is dated February 1994. I’m unsure of what the date is on the quick doff hood and carrier. I have not disassembled it since I do not have the tool to remove the from voice diafram above the outlet valve.

Oops I forgot the pic. It’s now fixed sorry about the pic if it’s sideways.

02048DFF-31CB-44F6-86BE-1A5AFA3214CB.jpeg

mohawkALSE

As stupid as it sounds, its very clutch to have that face form with it still.

PMAN12094
2 hours ago, mohawkALSE said:

As stupid as it sounds, its very clutch to have that face form with it still.

I’m not sure how to even use it but one thing is for sure I’m not going to get rid of it they seem hard to come by these days.

mohawkALSE
6 hours ago, PMAN12094 said:

I’m not sure how to even use it

It just pops right in the face mask on the face side and then you tighten the head straps around it to keep it in place.  Obviously these wouldn't be in the field if you are expected to don the mask fast, but when it storage and not being used they are a must.

PMAN12094
31 minutes ago, mohawkALSE said:

It just pops right in the face mask on the face side and then you tighten the head straps around it to keep it in place.  Obviously these wouldn't be in the field if you are expected to don the mask fast, but when it storage and not being used they are a must.

Thanks for that info I had no idea how it was supposed to fit but now I know.

• 2 weeks later...
PMAN12094

These were in the carrier I’m guessing it’s the names of who ever it was issued to

3F6ECC52-15A1-4526-9B46-15235DD1140E.jpeg