Greeting and Salutations from Florida

DBURDBUSH45

DBURDBUSH45

Hello! I’m Darren, currently reside in FL. Historian at heart, with a considerable focus in the Second World War. Have done considerable work in the past in trying to preserve the experiences and “stories” of veterans of of WW2 in hopes of sharing with future generations and remind them of the sacrifices and contributions of the “greatest generation.” Had a grandfather that served with the 1st Infantry in Europe, an uncle that was a “mustang” with the USMC having served at the tail end of WW2, Korea, then Vietnam.  I’ve inherited a considerable “bring back collection” it you will. It has certainly served as the driving engine of my continued interest and expanding collection. I look forward to meeting like minded individuals on this forum and hopefully a little help in validating any future acquisitions and expanding my knowledge of one of the more important bygone eras in this countries history. 

Come on down (or up, depending..) to the militaria sell/swap meet at Renninger’s in Mt. Dora on 10 April! It’s about the best we have in this region.

DBURDBUSH45

klinejg, I am absolutely going to be there, coming up from Cape Canaveral, really looking forward to it!!