WW2 Khaki Crusher cap ?

Squale69

15 hours ago, Squale69 said:

Hello,

The cap is at home now 😉 ! ...

...and has found it's place with a HS-33 headset and USAC D1 type sunglasses !

I would like to thank Aznation for all the investigative work he made but now that I have the cap with me I am wondering if the "C" before "1267" is not a "T"... 😬

Information I got from the seller : it was a pilot's cap who flew B-17s in Europe and then late in the war was assigned to the Pacific where he flew the B-29 Super Fortress...

image.png.70a18d23365fc4154cba7f0d9d0d44de.pngimage.png.f2f2d935312f0eb64b4f8f30c8a53550.pngimage.png.957053264b539802fd653bd2baaa62fe.png

USAAF Lewis Crusher Cap_4.jpg

USAAF Lewis Crusher Cap_5.jpg

If the story the seller told you is true. All the information provided stating that Both officers with the letter C and 1267 became POW's. Then they would not have been transferred to the Pacific to fly B-29's.  So maybe it is a "T"

Semper Fi

Phil

9 hours ago, AZPhil said:

If the story the seller told you is true. All the information provided stating that Both officers with the letter C and 1267 became POW's. Then they would not have been transferred to the Pacific to fly B-29's.  So maybe it is a "T"

Semper Fi

Phil

It's a T-1267 that's marked on the cap for sure and the cap belonged to Chester P. Tracewski.

6 hours ago, dmar836 said:

Now that's cool! I need to get into this investigative work if only for my own derelict junk!

Strong work Mr. Matt!

Dave

Thank you Dave.  I appreciate it.  Whether it had belonged to any three of those men it would've been great.  At least it's been pared down to one.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I was away from this forum these days (special thank to Covid😉) but I would like to thank aznation, once again, for the great job he did.

Much appreciated 👍🏻.

Pascal.

You're welcome Pascal and thank you for the comments.  I'm sorry to hear you had Covid and hope you've recovered fully at this point.  Take care...Matt