C-130 Navigator seat

hink441

Just acquired this C-130 Navigator seat.  Anyway, I think this is a Navigator seat. I also think it might be used for the Flight Engineer.  Anybody have some info? 

This seat is in nice shape. I need to get some items to complete the seat. 

869AD5A1-48D6-46FA-8378-E519FFD0D82C.jpeg

D8A51EAE-02FC-4FDF-B1EF-6CF7AD33ABBD.jpeg

C8FBFA90-12D7-4BB5-AA52-B6B2741C91E2.jpeg

12 minutes ago, viking73 said:

That’s pretty cool!  Looks like a great seat to have 😃👍🏻

Thank you. It is a very comfortable seat with plenty of padding!!

I had to install some foam into the headrest. Good to go for comfort!

phantomfixer

I think it is the nav seat Chris, the FE jump seat can be moved out of the way...this looks to be bolted to the floor...

decades ago, I pulled a C-130 seat out of DRMO scrap metal pile....had the same base...

Very cool seat...

2 hours ago, phantomfixer said:

I think it is the nav seat Chris, the FE jump seat can be moved out of the way...this looks to be bolted to the floor...

decades ago, I pulled a C-130 seat out of DRMO scrap metal pile....had the same base...

Very cool seat...

Thanks for the comments and useful info. I wish I found mine at a DRMO scrap pile😂😂

I got this one from a retired USAF Colonel. He had it blasted and powder-coated. Really nice looking. 

I found this online photo of the Navigator’s station on the C-130. Definitely looks like a match to me. 

TheCrustyBosun
4 hours ago, phantomfixer said:

decades ago, I pulled a C-130 seat out of DRMO scrap metal pile....had the same base..

Ah DRMO.  I always liked poking around the DRMO yard at NAS Corpus Christi. I know of a guy who actually purchased a T-28 Trojan out of the DRMO yard there. It had been displayed at the North Gate, but they removed it for some reason. He towed it to his house and placed it in the backyard along with a Grumman S-2 fuselage and a Korean War era jet that I can’t remember off the top of my head. Sorry to veer off. 

19 hours ago, TheCrustyBosun said:

Ah DRMO.  I always liked poking around the DRMO yard at NAS Corpus Christi. I know of a guy who actually purchased a T-28 Trojan out of the DRMO yard there. It had been displayed at the North Gate, but they removed it for some reason. He towed it to his house and placed it in the backyard along with a Grumman S-2 fuselage and a Korean War era jet that I can’t remember off the top of my head. Sorry to veer off. 

Wow!  Love to see some photos of those a/c if you have any!!

phantomfixer
22 hours ago, TheCrustyBosun said:

those were the good days of DRMO...now it all goes to a regional location and sold off online...and at Dover, the storage yard is like Ft Knox...good stories though...

phantomfixer
On 3/31/2021 at 10:34 AM, hink441 said:

Thanks for the comments and useful info. I wish I found mine at a DRMO scrap pile😂😂

I got this one from a retired USAF Colonel. He had it blasted and powder-coated. Really nice looking. 

I found this online photo of the Navigator’s station on the C-130. Definitely looks like a match to me. 

you nailed it...a turn key seat...!the quick don is cool touch

TheCrustyBosun
4 hours ago, viking73 said:

Wow!  Love to see some photos of those a/c if you have any!!

Sadly, I never got any photos and it appears as though the neighborhood was redeveloped.  I cant find any trace of the place on google earth. 

3 hours ago, TheCrustyBosun said:

Sadly, I never got any photos and it appears as though the neighborhood was redeveloped.  I cant find any trace of the place on google earth. 

That's a bummer!

Hey hink -

Is this the same seat as yours?

zILfF8s.jpg

Gdspxme.jpg

I may be buying this one soon!!!

-Derek

Very nice looking seat!!

Yours is very similar to mine. I think yours is an earlier model. My part no. is 687-7A, yours looks like 687–5A. Mine is also marked “modified”. I really think mine is a newer modified model of your seat. 

I hope you get that seat Derek.

phantomfixer

Nice...and a replacement headrest cover or patch added?

the boys from memphis refused me a patch somewhere overseas....their C141 departed with one less squadron patch on their headrest..pilot position  

Capture.JPG

That’s a funny story😂

The patch was added to the old headrest. I tried to get a C-130 squadron that was at Pope AFB. 

Chris